Warm Cranberry-Walnut Brie

|

Look at that. Does that look like it could be a Cooking Light recipe? Could've fooled me. But, there you have it. Now, granted, it's not the healthiest thing you could eat, but there are much worse!

This was honestly the easiest appetizer I could ever imagine making. AND, easily the most delicious! I served it with Rosemary and Olive Oil-flavored triscuits, which were a perfect match for the sweet-savory flavor of this brie.

By the way...does it still count as a "light" recipe if 4 people eat the entire thing? :-/

Warm Cranberry-Walnut Brie
1 (8 ounce) round Brie
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped walnuts, toasted
40 low-sodium 100% whole-wheat crackers

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Using a serrated knife, remove topmost rind from cheese; discard. Place cheese, cut side up, in a small ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with cranberries and thyme. Top evenly with nuts.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is soft and warm. Serve immediately with crackers.

-Serves 8
-Calories: 188, Fat: 11.6g, Protein: 7.9g, Carbs: 15g



3 comments:

Margie said...

I'd love to include this recipe in a Daring Kitchen recipe round-up I'm working on. If you're interested, contact me via email and I'll send the details. THANKS.

Lisa Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Marie said...

I'm thinking of making this for a holiday party this year! It looks delish!

Post a Comment