Weekday Breakfast Heaven

|
Or, as most people would call it, "Peanut Butter-Banana Toast." I like to be fanciful.


My very favorite 'everyday' type breakfast is peanut butter-banana toast. It's warm, crunchy, chewy, creamy, salty, and sweet all at once! What's not to love? I remember that my mother called this breakfast "Brain Food." She would make it for me before a standardized test or some other day when I needed to be particularly smart. While it was probably a placebo effect, I did feel smarter. If nothing else, I think the protein, potassium, and healthy fat definitely give you an energy boost to kickstart your day.

I won't pretend this is cooking. But yesterday as I slathered my english muffin with peanut butter and artfully arranged my banana slices, love swelled in my chest and I just had to share.

Peanut Butter-Banana Toast
1 English Muffin, split in half (or 2 pieces of bread) --I use Honey-Wheat english muffins...so good.
1 large-ish banana
2-3 tablespoons peanut butter --I think creamy works best because you have to use less (which is better for the calorie count)

1. Toast that muffin!
2. Spread that peanut butter!
3. Slice that banana right onto the muffin!
4. Enjoy with coffee!

See? Not really cooking? But I am enthusiastic about it.

2 comments:

serendipity said...

Hi, heather, i'm here from your mom's recent plug and love your blog already. i'm not much of a cook, but do love me my peanut butter and banana open-faced sandwiches. in fact, i enjoy the following as a meal as frequently as possible:

Toast a piece of sourdough bread. Spread your desired amount of creamy peanut butter on it (i use just enough to thinly coat the bread). Cut a small banana in half, then cut the halves in half lengthwise. Place banana segments across the peanut-buttered toast. Enjoy! MMMmmm!

Heather said...

Hi Serendipity-- Thanks! PB-Banana toast sounds awesome on sourdough bread. I love sourdough so much. I'm scared of making it (because of all the to-do surrounding a starter), but I think I'll take up the challenge for a "West Coast Meets East Coast" post (sourdough and a new england chowder).

Post a Comment