Margaritas

|


Doesn't that picture make you thirsty?

I love margaritas. Love. Friggin. Margaritas. So, naturally, when creating a south-of-the-border-type meal, I decided to pick up the ingredients for one of my favorite boozy beverages. I'd never made them from scratch before, but lifted a recipe from a book of Mexican recipes I own but never use. It was extremely sour (and I like sour things, so you know it's bad), and I needed to add some sugar. But here is the lightly modified recipe for your enjoyment.

Margaritas
(name of the book I got the recipe from is forthcoming)
-1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
-1 1/2 tablespoons orange liqueur
-3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lime juice
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
-Ice
-Salt for the rim of the glass

1. Wet the rim of a martini or margarita glass with a lime. Dip the rim in salt.

2. In a cocktail shaker, add first 5 ingredients and shake well. Strain into prepared glass.

3. Consume like your life depends on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment