Nutty Chocolate Chip & Pretzel Cookies

|
Everyone, let me get serious for a moment. The day the Take 5 candy bar was brought to local grocery stores, I nearly wet myself with joy. Why? Because there is no better addition to chocolate than pretzels. And not only did the Take 5 bar have these two things, but they upped the ante with peanuts and peanut butter and caramel. It is the holy grail of candy bars, and it's mostly due to the pretzels.

One day, Greg delivered a cookie to work. He bought it somewhere on campus, and it had chocolate chips and pretzels. I went and changed my pants. We both agreed that it was good, but there was too much sweet milk chocolate and not enough pretzel. I'm sure we looked adorable when the little light bulb switched on simultaneously over our heads: Why don't we just make our own?! And so one day, Greg did. And they were totally awesome.

We've been using the regular Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and adding pretzels to our hearts desire. However, pretzels would make any chunky chocolate chip recipe better. Try it. You'll see.



Nutty Chocolate Chip & Pretzel Cookies (shamelessly ripped off and only the tiniest bit modified from the Nestle Tollhouse recipe)
-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 cup butter or margarine, softened
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 large egg
-1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
-1 cup chopped nuts
-Up to 1 cup crumbled/chooped thin pretzels (you can just do the crumbling by crushing a few in your hands)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, nuts, and pretzels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

3. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

P.S. If you don't think that I won't try making "Take 5 Cookies" some day, you're very sadly mistaken.

3 comments:

cynnerth said...

I'll wait to taste one before I wet myself with joy. But they DO sound fantastic!

~Lisa~ said...

MMM pretzels in a chocolate chip cookie! My kind of treat.

d.n.williamson said...

I like Take 5 as my ice cream topper at Culver's. Also, I make a candy at Christmas time with pretzels and Rollos and pecans. I MUST try these cookies. YUM!

Post a Comment