Feta-Chicken Pasta (a.k.a. Boy Bait Pasta)

|


This delectable recipe is one of my old stand-bys. It's hearty, easy, comes together in no time, and can be modified any which way to please the eaters. Tonight, I was thinking about how damn great a meal it was, and how it has never failed to make me and anyone eating it happy. Then, something occurred to me: Sometimes, when we're trying to impress someone we like, we cook for them (at least, I know I always have). However, it's often the case that the woo-ers are not confident with their kitchen skills. They want a dish to impress and seduce their love interest, but the recipe has to be fool proof, has to come highly recommended.

Well. Ladies (and gents, as the case may be), I have your solution right here. I promise. You will love it, and so will your special someone.

Feta-Chicken Pasta (from Cooking Light)
-3 cups uncooked fusilli (short twisted spaghetti)
-2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon olive oil
-2/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
-1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
-1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese (**Today I used a "Mediterranean" mix of feta crumbles. Oh my god….you should do that.**)
-Optional: Crushed red pepper, if you wanna spice up your night….wink wink, nudge nudge.

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

2. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes.

3. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.

4. Stir in cooked pasta, olives, oregano, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

5. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.

13 comments:

Mother Rimmy said...

I love these Mediterranean dishes like this. Simple and healthy!

Emily Malloy said...

Yum! Looks delish!!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Delicious! Feta, onions, pasta - sounds like a great dinner to me :)

roxan said...

Lol.. for me my go to recipe is always lasagna. It's the one thing I know I can always make without messing up. your feta pasta recipe looks great too!

Heather said...

Thanks everyone!

Roxan-- Lasagna is a great standby recipe, too. I have a no-fail, absolutely stunning lasagna recipe that I should definitely put up here sometime. Another of my "company's coming, let's look fancy"-recipes involves pasta, roasted butternut squash & red pepper, and breaded goat cheese rounds. It's amazing.

d.n.williamson said...

That looks soooooo yummy. How do you think artichoke hearts would taste as an addition?

Heather said...

D.N. - I think artichoke hearts would be a completely awesome addition to it, as would red peppers. The great thing about this recipe is that it's totally versatile. :)

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Hilarious! When I'm trying to sway someone's emotions, I do it with baked good! *wink*

This looks delightful!

Lisa said...

Well, they do say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and I think your dish would definitely do the trick.

Velva said...

This is a beautiful pasta dish. No doubt it is dressed to impress. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

megan @ whatmegansmaking said...

This looks delicious! My husband won't eat feta cheese, but I could sub mozzarella. Yum :)

Cristina @ TeenieCakes said...

Really like this dish...I'm there where there's feta and pasta! Good combination of flavors :)

Reeni said...

This would win my heart! It's chock full of things I love and looks totally delicious!

Post a Comment