Sangria

|


I was going to save sangria for when I did my Spain challenge (sangria and tapas...is there anything better?), but I got the urge. "The Urge" is a clinical condition which manifests with a longing for the flavors of fruit steeped in red wine and two types of liquor. Other symptoms may include drooling, munching, and excessive sipping.

Sangria (from Emeril Lagasse)
-1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
-1/4 cup brandy
-1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (recommended: triple sec or Grand Marnier)
-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
-2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 orange, thinly sliced
-1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
-1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
-1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled

Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.



**Note: First off, I doubled the recipe…mostly because I had a 1.5L bottle of red wine to use. Secondly, this does NOT need the sparkling water--this is really up to your flavor-discretion.


Verdict: REALLY awesome sangria. I'm momentarily cured of "The Urge!" Good thing I have leftovers, in case of an emergency...

2 comments:

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels said...

YUM!!! I LOVE sangria. Thank you for not waiting and posting the recipe right now! It looks sooo good.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Yay for sangria! It always make a long day seem lighter!

Post a Comment