Foodbuzz Tastemaker: Nature's Pride Bread

|
Have I mentioned lately that I absolutely love food blogging? Because I totally do. Not just because it lets me ramble on to complete strangers about the things I make, but because it provides me with such a great creative outlet.

AND...because sometimes, you get free things. And by things, I mean food. Free food. I think those are the two most beautiful words in the English language.

In this case, through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I opted in to receive a sample of Nature's Pride Bread. I'll admit that I completely forgot about asking to be included on this. So, imagine my surprise when last week I received a large box in the mail containing two--count 'em, TWO!--loaves of Nature's Pride OvenClassics Bread.

I will just go ahead and say it: I have the best hobby in the world.

Call it what you will: Egg in a Basket, Egg in a Hole, the One Eyed Monster... I call it delicious.

I received a loaf of Oatmeal bread and a loaf of 100% Whole Wheat. Greg was the first to notice that the bread claimed to have only natural ingredients. He flipped it over to read the ingredients and saw that, in fact, there were no scary sounding dyes or preservatives--no unpronounceable ingredients at all. It was like....well....a real loaf of bread. You know. Like one that you'd make yourself, or pay out the nose for at a bakery.

"What?? Really??" I said and grabbed the loaf of Oatmeal bread to look at the label. Sure enough. All natural. All delicious. I think what's almost even better than a mass produced bread having natural ingredients, is that they are only 90-100 calories a slice and are naturally low-fat. I have been enjoying that aspect of it almost as much as the bread itself.

What to do with leftover spanakopita mixture? Toss it on whole wheat bread with mushrooms and heat on a panini grill! Mmm....feta-y.

I feel obligated to give my official endorsement of this bread. I endorse you, you naturally tasty loaves! In fact, I salute you!

6 comments:

Roxan said...

Ooo I need to sign up for the tastemaker program!
That panini looks DELICIOUS. I love paninis!

Rich said...

Okay, you've just reminded me that I also enrolled in that! Where's my free swag??

Regardless, though, it looks like you put yours to great use! Really great use, actually ... that sandwich looks outstanding!

Barbara said...

Lovely idea for breakfast or dinner as well
Barbara

Brava!

Emily Malloy said...

Yum, yum, yum!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

That is one good-looking sandwich!

Sell WoW Account said...

That looks delicious! You guys are lucky to have those freebies from Foodbuzz.

Post a Comment