Heather the Fancy Lady Receives a Blog Award

|
Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having very generously bestowed me with my very first blog award! Wheeee! It's nice to feel loved. Thanks, Lynn!

Because blog awards come with lots of fun, "share the love"-type stipulations, I will outline them here and then follow them like the good little blogger I am.

Awardees – Accepting this award is based on the following criteria:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the Award on to other bloggers you follow and who have inspired you.
4. Copy the award from my blog and then you may display it on your own blog.
5. Notify your selected recipients.

So, first, 7 things about myself. I do believe I will do this with photos, because it's more fun:

1) I am a Wisconsin girl (please see hockey photo below). Here, I am pictured with beer and free (yes, that's right: FREE) bacon. I don't fear you, cholesterol, because I am from Wisconsin.

2) I have two super-precious and hilarious cats, Dexter and Ishii. They are named after Dexter Morgan, television's most beloved serial killer, and O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill. Despite their vicious names, they are clingy cuddle monsters.

3) I got married in September to the infamous "Hubster" aka "Hubby" aka "The Boy" aka "Greg." Here he is, promising to go to the ballet with me once a year and make popcorn on the stovetop whenever I want it. I've got it good.

4) I had this little bundle of joy for 6 1/2 years and I miss him all the time. His name was Monkey and he was the absolute raddest guinea pig EVER. He was cuddly (to the point of being needy) and intelligent enough to be manipulative (strange for having a brain the size of a pea), and very sweet. Every time I'm cooking and have fruit and veggie scraps, my gut instinct is to march them straight over to his cage. Aww. I need a guinea pig again...they're the most adorable composters ever.

5) I. Love. Hockey. I should qualify that by saying I *LOVE* Wisconsin Men's hockey. Other hockey is swell and all, but I loves me some Badger Hockey. Here I am, super-duper skinny in college, dressed like an ass to support my team. Wooo!

6) I've only been out of the country once so far. I was taken on a trip to St. Lucia. It was absolutely ridiculously beautiful and I sooo wish I had the cashola to go back!

7) Every Christmas Eve for the past several years, my brother and I play ridiculous games. Here, we are shown playing our version of Guess Who. Our version entails asking questions like, "Does your guy look like he could have a prostate the size of a cantaloupe?" and "Does your guy have a molester moustache?" It works surprisingly well if you have the same sense of humor.

NOW! On to the awards I am oh-so-giddy to bestow. I have so much love for my fellow bloggers, and I'm happy to have the chance to give a few of them a little bling for their blogs. While I read copious amounts of cooking blogs, these ladies hold a special plate in my little foodie heart. (**Please note: I just read that I wrote "Plate" and not "Place." It is so funny and fitting that I'm keeping it there.**)

Azmina at Lawyer Loves Lunch

Amanda at The Cilantropist

Sydney at The Crepes of Wrath

Reeni at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

Annalise at Knead to Be Loaved

Megan at What Megan's Making

Ladies, do not feel the need to create a similar post. I just wanted to let you know that your blogs are gorgeous and inspiring, and that you are all totally awesome. The end.

9 comments:

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

Oh Heather, this is just so fun! I love that your cats are named after cold blooded killers and your wedding dress is absolutely stunning. Thanks for thinking of me. I feel so warm and fuzzy (in my freezing cold office) :)

Roxan said...

This was a lot of fun to read! And you're right, it is a lot better with pictures. I love all your pets... I only have one dog. I'd really love to get another one so she can have a friend but our place is small and since my husband and I both work full time it would be hard to get a new pet settled in.
Is that Jade Mountain in the background of your St Lucia picture? I looked into going to the resort there for my honeymoon but it was waaaaaay out of my price range.

megan @ whatmegansmaking said...

So fun! Thanks so much for including me :)

Reeni said...

You are so fun and very sweet! I bet there's never a dull moment when you're around. I am going to start a new tradition of playing silly games on Christmas! Seriously - I have a whole bunch - some aren't even open yet. Now I just have to get my family to play with me! Thanks for thinking of me - you're pretty awesome yourself!

Victoria said...

Congrats on your award! I love how you included pictures with each answer :) I especially LOVE your cats names!! How original (and dark). Don't worry, I'm dark too! I also used to work at Dexter so I get so excited when I see fans of the show naming their pets after a serial killer. Funnily enough, the actress who plays Astor on the show has a small dog who she named Dexter! You're not alone!

Simply Life said...

I love the wedding pic!

Miss Lucky Piggy said...

Congrats on the Award. Love all your pets, especially your guinea pig, so cute hiding 'under' your hair :) & beautiful wedding pic too ;-)

Swathi said...

Congrats on awards. lovely wedding picture.

The Cilantropist said...

Hey! I know I read this the first time around, but for some strange reason I didnt comment to say THANK YOU! <3 It is great to spread around love with blog awards, and of course you deserve to receive loads of accolades. I adore all your photos and it just shows what a fun-loving gal you are! Love your wedding photo, but I have to say, that guniea pig peeking out is my fav. :)

Post a Comment