Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

|
Did you wake up this morning, see all the ice-packed snow on the ground, hear the wind howling, and think to yourself, "Holy crap. I want to put myself into a diabetic coma"? I know I did. And how fortunate that I just happened across this recipe for Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins on Baked Bree's blog yesterday! I had all the ingredients in my kitchen--and whenever that happens (which is rare), I take it as a sign. It's like when I find jeans that actually fit....must buy them immediately, regardless of the price. Of course, you might argue that if I continue eating these Pancake Muffins, I'll never be able to find jeans that fit again....and you'd be right.

Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins (from Bakerella originally, but I used Baked Bree's version)
-1 cup flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons sugar
-2/3 cup buttermilk
-1 egg
-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
-2 Tablespoons melted butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Glaze:
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2-3.5 Tablespoons pure maple syrup

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.

2. In another small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.

3. Mix the muffin batter until just combined. Add the chocolate chips. Fold together.

4. Line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with paper liners OR use cooking spray to coat each cup, and put about a tablespoon of muffin batter in each one.

5. Bake the pancake muffins in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.

6. While the muffins cool slightly, whisk together the powdered sugar and maple syrup. If it is too thick, add a little more syrup or water. Dip the top of the muffin into the maple syrup glaze. Let excess drip off, tapping your wrist with your other hand to expedite the process if necessary.

-Makes 24 delicious pancake muffins

Verdict: Very sweet due to the glaze, but not inedibly so. If you don't like too much sweetness, these would be excellent on their own, or with a little side of maple syrup for light dunking. Obviously, these would be super popular with children, or adults who are childish...like me!

9 comments:

Deborah said...

How cute!! And they sound delicious as well!!

Roxan said...

Heather these look so good! I like to make a batch of muffins and freeze them because I can never finish up a batch before they go bad. I think these pancake muffins would be perfect for that, I could totally grab one in the morning and microwave it. Thanks!!

Joy (The Herbed Kitchen) said...

Want. We are in the midst of our second blizzard in as many days and I need to fortify myself with sugar against the wild children downstairs, banished from school because of all the snow. How fortunate that when I sent hubby out to buy wine (also to deal with all the snow) I also requested chocolate chips, score!

Swathi said...

chocolate chip panacke muffins looks delicious.

Stephanie said...

Those look like the perfect breakfast nibble. Something to go with my morning coffee for sure! I may just have to bookmark these! Thanks!

Heather I. said...

Oh my those sound so so good. I've been craving pancakes lately but never want leftovers. Muffins are a perfect solution, thanks!

Ang said...

I would love to wake up to these with my hot cup of coffee. The combinations looks great!

briarrose said...

This would make my morning....dare I say would almost make me cheerful to be waking up. ;) Lovely job.

Lisa said...

Those look so incredibly fluffy. I would love to have this for breakfast. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

Post a Comment