Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins (from Bakerella originally, but I used Baked Bree's version)
-1 cup flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons sugar
-2/3 cup buttermilk
-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
-2 Tablespoons melted butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2-3.5 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
2. In another small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix the muffin batter until just combined. Add the chocolate chips. Fold together.
4. Line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with paper liners OR use cooking spray to coat each cup, and put about a tablespoon of muffin batter in each one.
5. Bake the pancake muffins in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.
6. While the muffins cool slightly, whisk together the powdered sugar and maple syrup. If it is too thick, add a little more syrup or water. Dip the top of the muffin into the maple syrup glaze. Let excess drip off, tapping your wrist with your other hand to expedite the process if necessary.
-Makes 24 delicious pancake muffins
Verdict: Very sweet due to the glaze, but not inedibly so. If you don't like too much sweetness, these would be excellent on their own, or with a little side of maple syrup for light dunking. Obviously, these would be super popular with children, or adults who are childish...like me!