Hot Cheesy Reuben Dip

|
I will admit: I'm not a huge football fan. But it seems that after I moved to Illinois, my resolve to prove my love for all things Wisconsin heightened intensely. This included watching the last few Packers games, complete with much yelling and beer and chest-clutching excitement.

Naturally, being that I am married to a Packers fan, and my friend Gus is the biggest Packers fan ever, I watched the Super Bowl with them. And we didn't just watch the Super Bowl. We watched it Wisco-style. That means "Heart Attack Style." We had 4 dips (and there were only 4 people). We had 16-hour slow cooked pulled pork sandwiches on homemade Ciabatta. We had asiago-beer bread. We had a pound bacon as an appetizer. Excess, thy name is Wisconsin.

One such dip that we enjoyed while grabbing our cholesterol-clogged chests in fear and joy, was this Reuben Dip. Fortuitously, I saw this dip on Brown Eyed Baker's blog a day or two before the big game. I knew it would be perfect for us. And it was.

Hot Cheesy Reuben Dip (from Brown Eyed Baker)
-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
-6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
-4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, diced small
-1/2 cup thousand island dressing
-1/2-3/4 cup sauerkraut with caraway seeds, drained and squeezed dry

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, 3 ounces of swiss cheese, corned beef, and thousand island dressing. Pour into the bottom of a pie plate and spread evenly. Place sauerkraut over the top. Top off with the rest of the swiss cheese.

3. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with pretzel crisps, beer bread, or cocktail rye squares.

Verdict: This was seriously fabulous. Everyone raved. And clutched their chests.

3 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Sure your husband was happy! I would be over the moon with this dip!

Ang said...

I went to a wedding a couple years ago and they served something similar. I loved it, but never got the recipe. I'm pretty sure this has the same ingredients. I'm so excited you shared this because I have craved it ever since.

Joy said...

I love reubens. This looks great.

Post a Comment