Quadruple Chocolate Lady Godiva

|
I live for coffee. I honestly cannot imagine giving it up. It's an addiction I wear proudly on my sleeve. How do I take my coffee, you might ask? Black. I like mixing in flavored coffees, but I don't generally go in for diluting my caffeine while I'm mainlining it in the morning. SO, while I was super stoked about getting to try Godiva coffee (P.S. It is DELICIOUS taken black), I was worried about my aptitude for making an icy, flavored concoction with it.

Naturally, instead of keeping it clean for the kiddies, my mind turned straight to alcohol for the answer to my problem. Hubster suggested "Triple Chocolate"-something. And, as always, I took it overboard and made it "Quadruple Chocolate"-something (overboard, but in a good way). I made this for my lady friends Jessica and Rachel. It happened to be Rachel's birthday, so I bought her a chocolate cake. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I briefly wondered if I could puree a bit of the cake into the drink to make it "Quintuple Chocolate"-something. This was discarded on the grounds of lunacy. As it was, having 4x Chocolate, caffeine, and liquor washed down by a hearty helping of birthday cake was quite the experience.

I made this up as I went. I think some of the best things in life come out of improvisation, and this was no exception. 3 out of 3 girls on a drunken sugar high approve of this drink.


Quadruple Chocolate Lady Godiva (from me)
-8 ounces Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee, brewed and chilled in the refrigerator
-4 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
-4 ounces Kahlua
-4 ounces Half 'n Half (**Note: Honestly, I didn't put this much in. I only did it here for ease of ounces per glass. So, if you want your drinks less dilute and more boozy--good for you!--just pare it down to 1.5-2 ounces.**)
-1.5 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and whisked smooth
-2-3 ice cubes per glass, plus a few for the martini shaker
-Chocolate whipped topping to garnish
-Chocolate shavings to garnish

1. In a martini shaker, mix cold Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee, Bailey's, Kahlua, Half 'n Half, and melted chocolate over a few ice cubes. Shake well.

2. In each of 4 glasses, place 2-3 ice cubes. Pour the drinks out into equal portions, about 5 ounces each. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve immediately.

-Serves 4

The birthday girl with a positively sinful combination.

I wish I'd had more time this month to experiment with other Godiva drinks. I received two bags from them--one was the Chocolate Truffle, the other French Vanilla. I'm envisioning something creamy, with more vanilla and rum for the French Vanilla....and something with Creme de Menthe for the Chocolate Truffle. SO, my suggestion to you, cordial lovers, is to go out, score some sweet Godiva coffee, and improvise! You won't be disappointed. Even if you're not into cordial drinks, I recommend the Chocolate Truffle coffee on its own--it is awesome!


I received Godiva coffee as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program.

3 comments:

Jen Cruz said...

I can't wait until after baby Carson gets here so I can have alcohol in my coffee. Yum. :)

Katie said...

That looks delightfully sinful. :)

Lori said...

Major sugar high! SO delicious. I am so wanting one of these- even though it is Sunday morning.

Post a Comment