Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars

|
Happy 2012, everybody!

I realize that my posting is not particularly timely, as these cheesecake bars would've made a lovely addition to your New Year's Eve parties. Well, what can I say? I am a pretty terrible, no good, awful, superbly horrible blogger.

Oh, Heather, don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you're all saying. How could you have known what we needed to whip up for New Year's Eve?

I can be hard on myself, because EVERYBODY needs these cheesecake bars. Yes--everyone. You, your thighs, everyone. Yeah, I said it.

These are little slices of heaven. Sweet, creamy, lightly bready, crunchy cinnamony, gloriously buttery heaven. They're the perfect way to ring in 2012 (especially if the Mayans are right and we're all going to die--you might as well indulge!), the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion, or the perfect way to spend a night of sobbing/eating your way through The Notebook. You know, whatever works best for you.

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars (from Cookies & Cups, adapted from Pillsbury)
-2 cans Crescent Rolls (or the new canned Crescent Roll "Sheets," which have no seams to pinch together--perfect!)
-2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 tbsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and lay flat in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stretch the rolls to cover the bottom of the pan. Pinch any seams closed.

3. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth.

4. Spread this over top of the crescent roll.

5. Unroll your remaining can of crescent rolls and lay this on top of the cream cheese mixture, again, pinching closed any open seams.

6. Pour your melted butter on top of the crescent roll.

7. In a bowl mix the remaining sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon together and sprinkle that evenly on top of butter. (**NOTE: I found that I didn't need all of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put it all on.**)

8. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown.

9. Let cool for approximately 20 minutes and then put in refrigerator to completely chill before cutting into squares. I know it's difficult, but try.

P.S. Did I say how easy these are? I think I neglected to say that. They are SO EASY. You pretty much need to be able to melt, mix, and unroll things. What I'm saying is that there are no excuses--no barriers between you and sweet, tasty sin. So, do it now!

4 comments:

Baker Street said...

Absolutely divine!

S.V. said...

These look fantastic and who doesn't love a super easy dessert! I will have to give them a try.

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

This looks delicious, what a great recipe! Happy New Year! xoxo

d.n.williamson said...

How lame does it make me that the news of the crescent sheets got me really excited? These look awesome (and yes, super easy)!

Post a Comment