Creamy Peanut Butter Pie

|

I have a new favorite dessert.

Why?  Well, I'll tell you.

a) It tastes like peanut butter and cool whip and graham crackers and, frankly, magic and/or unicorns.
b) You don't have to turn on the oven at ALL.  This was key for the BBQ we held in 102-degree weather.
c) There are six ingredients.
d) It uses one bowl.
e) It takes approximately 6 minutes to fix and a few hours to set in the fridge.

It is really, really delicious.  So good that, after our BBQ guests demolished the first one, Husband and I decided that another one had to be made the very next day.  And so it was.  And now I'm roly poly and pie filled and honestly, I couldn't be happier.


Creamy Peanut Butter Pie (from Taste of Home)
-1 premade graham cracker crust
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-4 ounces cream cheese, softened
-1 cup powdered sugar
-8 ounces Cool Whip, defrosted
-Chopped peanuts to garnish

1. Put peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl.  Beat with an electric mixer until fluffier in appearance and well-combined.

2. Stir Cool Whip into the peanut butter mixture.  Technically, you're supposed to 'fold' it in, but the peanut butter mixture gets lumpy and it's hard to be gentle.  Don't bother--just use the electric mixer on the highest setting until it's just completely combined.

3. Pour filling into the graham cracker crust.  Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.

4. Cover pie and put in the refrigerator until set (at least 3-4 hours).  If you can't wait to eat it, it won't be less delicious--just more mousse-y/pudding-like.

-8 Servings




3 comments:

Medeja said...

I almost finished my PB.. not sure I will have any left till I get other things for trying this pie :)

Debbie B. said...

Um ... amazing!!! I love love love PB desserts and 6 minutes!

Lori said...

OMG this looks like it needs to Be my birthday cake. it looks so creamy!

Post a Comment